Youth Ministry Coordinator/Sunday School Teacher
The Norwegian-Lutheran Memorial Church (Mindekirken) is looking for an enthusiastic person to develop and grow its youth program, integrating Lutheran faith and Norwegian culture in accordance with its mission:
Mindekirken is called to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with all people, empowering service to others. Mindekirken practices its ministry through Norwegian traditions, culture and language.
• Provide a safe, loving, and nurturing learning environment that promotes faith
• Organize and teach Sunday School for a wide variety of ages
• Develop or choose Sunday School curriculum in conjunction with the Pastor and Faith Formation Committee
• Plan and run children and youth activities throughout the year, including day and evening activities, sometimes in cooperation with other church groups
• Build relationships with families in the congregation. An important aspect of this position is community building and outreach and finding ways to communicate effectively and consistently with both members and potential members in the broader community, including development of flyers, email broadcasts, social media content, updates in our monthly newsletter, etc.
This position would meet regularly with the Pastor of Mindekirken as well as the Faith Formation Committee and be able to recruit and organize volunteers for various events.
Please view the full job description at Youth Ministry Coordinator & Sunday School Teacher Job Description.